This plugin allows a simple search and filter by available bookable products by category. The search will take place by testing product availability settings or resource availability settings, but cannot search both under the same category.
There are 4 basic ways to use this plugin.
1. Allow the search to take place and product results on the same page
1a. Using a single date search
1b. Using a start and end date search
2. The search takes place on one page and transitions to another with the result
2a. Using a single date search
2b. Using a start and end date search
== Set-up ==
1. Products you wish to search must all be in the same category, the category slug is used in the shortcode
2. Use the following shortcode whereever you would like the search “widget” to show
2a. To show single date search
[show_simple_group_category group="category-slug" search="single"]
2b. To show start and end date search
[show_simple_group_category group="category-slug" search="both"]
3. If you would like to change the search to a page transition.
And add this shortcode to the results page.
3a. Single date search with page transition. The ‘result’ is the page slug of where you would like the results to show.
[show_simple_group_category group="category-slug" template="transition" search="single" result="page-slug" ]
3b. Start and end date search with page transition.
[show_simple_group_category group="category-slug" template="transition" search="both" result="page-slug" ]
4. You can modify the templates and styles to suit your theme.
4a. Create a new folder in your theme where you store your Woocommerce template files. YOUR THEME/woocommerce/simple-datefirst
4b. From the plugin folder frontend/templates select the template you would like to use and modify. Copy and paste it to the new folder in your theme.
4c. If you would like to add a CSS file specifically for the template copy the plugin CSS and paste to the theme folder you created.
Plugin css is found in frontend/css/simpl-datefirst.css
4b. To modify the look of the search results you update/change your Woocommerce template content_product.php. This may already be handled by your theme.